Getting Closer

Hey Just a quick update on where I am at! I got my first class medical this morning and applied for and was approved for my loan! I will be calling ATP in the next few days to schedual my start date in Tampa for hopefully the beginning of July! I will be doing 40 SE, starting with credit for my PPL!

1 Like

Tucker,

That is great news! Congratulations. I will be interested to know when you have chosen a start date. You are on your way :slight_smile:

Woaa. I am glad for you. Do u need to have any cosigner for the loan? The loan is my biggest concern.

Yeah I had my parents consign and still ended up with a fairly higher interest rate than I would like but it is definitely still doable. I’m only 19 so I most likely would not have been able to get it on my own.

If you don’t mind me asking, what bank did you go with? Also do you have estimated score for your parents score, I’m just wondering for myself to see my chances of getting approved for the loan. thanks :slight_smile:

Also the rate… lol sorry for all the questions really just want to prepare myself.

Its all good and I’m open about money stuff. My credit score is right around 750, but only 1.5 years of history, my parents is just about the same and they have much longer history! My interest rate is 9.52%, it’s a bit, but doable.

And I applied to Sallie Mae, I called and talked to a rep at Wells Fargo without applying and they said that in my situation the interest rate would be very similar.

Cool good to know currently I have 5 years with 2 auto loans paid off and one still open and 2 small student loans both totaling under 3k that’s according to credit karma with a 720 score. still working on paying off 3k in credit cards, then I should be done. Hopefully I should be ok for the loan at the end of March fingers crossed and prayers needed lol :slight_smile:

Congrats and it’s about time Tucker! :slight_smile:

Very cool, keep us posted.

Adam

July 10th is the day! Time to get cracking on some writtens!!!

I’m curious, probably for Justin, are the start dates all getting pushed out that far from signup now or does it depend greatly on location? I had been planning on trying to schedule my start date very soon, but I had been under the previous impression that 2 or maybe 3 months ahead was the norm… If all the locations are getting so busy that start dates are 4+ months in the future, this could be a slight issue for me(not insurmountable, but definitely awkward).

James

Early start date were available but that is the earliest practical time that I can start. I have to finish up my 2 year degree as well as save up a little bit more money. Starting in July was my choice, I could have started earlier if I wanted. You can always just call their admissions department and ask when the soonest time it.

1 Like

James,

It really varies by location. Call the admissions department and talk to them about this, they can give you an idea of how the start dates are looking for your intended location.

Chris

Same reason for me as for Tucker. I selected a June strart date so I can graduate first in may and travel a little before getting back into the school groove. I needed a couple week break after the mess also known as engineering school lol.

1 Like

Tucker,
That’s awesome man. I start in Phoenix late June. Just a word of advice on the writtens…once you get started with them, I’d try to knock out them all asap, only because so much of the information carries over from test to test. I found when I took my Instrument written (IRA), that the test was the exact same as the FII and the IGI. The Commercial written (CAX), is similar to the FIA and AGI, although it does have some differences. Because I took the tests in close succession, it cut my study time WAY down.

Yeah I plan on looking over the material over the next few months just to get familiar before diving in. After I graduate I will crack down in May and June and knock out a good portion of them.

Excellent advice Chris, probably would have been easier/faster than posting the question here…

It’s been a while since I spoke to admissions, but I guess I’m not actually as worried as my post came across, it was just startling to hear initially since I already told my boss I’d be leaving my job in May! Admittedly, after 15 years at the same company with only 3 total employees (including my boss, the VP), if I told him I wanted to stay on a few extra months he would probably be fine with getting some extra work out of me, lol.

Thanks everyone,
James

Tucker and Kamrin,

I’m much more calm now hearing that those dates were your choice!

Thanks guys!
James

1 Like

James,

Glad to help. Let us know when you have chosen a start date, we like to hear how our guys/gals are doing.

Chris