Will there be more flow through Agreements?

Envoy, Piedmont, and PSA already have a flow through agreement with American. I was wondering if there are any other regional carriers in the U.S that are currently offering flow through agreements with the other airlines like Delta and United?

Is there likely to be an increase in flow through agreements between regional & major airlines when referring back to the future pilot shortage?

Thomas,

I believe Compass has one with Delta and ExpressJet has one with United. It’s a good deal for both the Major and the Regional, particularly the Major. They assure they have a flow of pilots and there’s enough fine print in there that if they don’t want to take someone they can. I’m not sure if you’ll see more because it does limit the Major to some degree in they’re committed to take a portion of pilots from one particular source. I guess we’ll see?

Adam

1 Like

And how about for Tuition Reimbursement, do you see more Regionals offering tuition reimbursement in the few years from now? (sorry for the foresight questions)

Thomas,

That is probably a question for JD, but as of now it seems like most of the regionals are already onboard. The only ones that are not participating are Republic and Endeavor.

Yarden

1 Like

Thomas we’d all like to know the future. Unfortunately 2 years is a LONG time from now and many many things can change, It all comes down to supply and demand. If the pilot shortage gets worse then yes you’ll see more Regionals participating in more programs to attract pilots. That said it needs to make sense for an airline financially. At some point they may simply decide to downsize? There’s also talk of the Majors simply returning to the days when they owned the Regionals outright and absorbing the pilots into the Major itself. Only time will tell?

Adam

1 Like

Hey Adam,

It’s all speculation but have you heard anything else since January about majors absorbing regionals? Is it fair to assume WO operations would be the first to go? I also noticed on another one of your January responses you said you didn’t expect the shortage to get much worse, but will remain steady. Have your views changed since then? I’ve read 2020 will be the biggest hiring year, but like anything it’s hard to speculate. I appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
Luke

Luke,

I was literally just having this conversation with another pilot and the honest answer is I don’t know? I don’t believe that if it does happen it will be industry wide, at least not initially. I think what you may see is some smaller non-legacy carriers absorb their Regionals because they can’t keep them staffed. That said the word does seem to be out and more people seem to be taking a interest in the career. We’ll all have to just wait and see.

Adam

1 Like

The pilot shortage is very much real and here. If it weren’t, we wouldn’t be seeing things like Tuition Reimbursement, signing bonuses, and increased wages at the regionals.

January is only two months away. This is a major program with complex scheduling requirements, it isn’t McDonald’s drive thru training that starts everyday. Two months seems very reasonable to me.

Tom,

I’m sorry your feeling that getting a start date at ATP is ridiculous and difficult. I reviewed your profile in the admissions department and would be happy to get you started in the program as soon as possible.

ATP is not in the housing business - we are committed to your flight training and helping you become an airline pilot. Housing is available as a convenience and people often wait for a bed to become available depending on the location.

If you are ready to schedule your start date please give the admissions department a call and we will be ready to help get your start date scheduled.

January of next year?!? 2 months away… shaking my head… seriously you guys are killing me…KILLING ME!

Adam

How about we just bury you in the snow like Cartman? :slight_smile:

Adam

3 Likes

Well there you go, problem solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thomas,

You will need eighty hours total time prior to starting the Airline Career Pilot Program with credit for private. If a student does not have that time, they will need to purchase the extra time in advance.

I really do not understand your issue with only having one start date per month available. As I mentioned before, this is a high complex program that involves a huge amount of logistical planning. ATP cannot simply start people whenever the student feels like it. Students have to fit into the flow of ground school for CFIs, FAA check rides, etc. Furthermore, most colleges only start students twice per year. You were offered a class date that was only two months out into the future and you aren’t even ready to join the program yet anyways, I am having a hard time understanding the issue here.

Chris

1 Like

Starting with a minimum of 80 hours will make you eligible for the
Commercial Multi ride, to the hour, with 50 hours of sim added. 0.1 hours
of flight time less and IACRA won’t even accept your application.

Tory