What to study?

Hello everyone!
I started flight training 2 days ago with ATP from 0 hours, and I really want to succeed. I have passed the private pilot written exam with 100% score. I wanted to ask: what should I study now that would prepare me for my check ride? Should I read the PHAK and the oral exam guide or any other book? Im a bit confused with what I have to study. Are the oral exam questions similar with the info that I had to learn for the written exam? Thank you very much for your time!

George,

Congrats on the score. I admire your enthusiasm. Do what your instructor wants you to do, but you should also read this and go from there: https://airlinepilot.life/t/what-does-an-atp-student-need-to-do-to-be-successful/10421/5

Tory

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help and fast reply!

1 Like

George,

I’m curious why you’re not asking your instructor this question?

Adam

GD,

Basically, you need to study everything. I don’t mean to sound obtuse, but there is very little that you won’t need to know. That being said, one of my favorite things to study is the Oral Exam Guide.

I would ask your instructors this question as they are the ones you will be working most closely with.

Chris

1 Like