What should I major in for college?

I’m planning on going to college in 2022 so I wanted to get some insight on what majors are good for pilots (excluding aviation major). Which major did you choose and do you regret it? I’m thinking of doing International Relations/Poli Sci or a Business degree. Do you have any friends that did this major and regretted it or loved it? I would greatly appreciate any insight I can get on choosing the correct major. Thanks

1 Like

Imran,

Choose a major that YOU like and think could be a backup should aviation not work out. Beyond that it really doesn’t matter.

Adam

1 Like

Yeah I like International Relations but I want to get insight on what you guys chose and if you have friends that chose International Relations/Poli Sci as a major that either regretted it or loved it. That’s all. Thanks

1 Like

Imran,

I was actually a Poli Sci major a million years ago. I did so as a possible path to law school. Didn’t particularly care for it but that was me. I literally just came from the proctologist office. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to do that but my Dr genuinely seems to enjoy his work. Different strokes…

Adam

1 Like

I’m 16 and currently trying to figure if I should major in aviation I notice that you said to go for something that will be a good plan b in case aviation doesn’t work out. And will a aviation degree help me get into flight schools?

1 Like

Mason,

As you stated, we recommend earning a non-aviation degree from a non-aviation college.

Tory

1 Like

Mason,

Please check out the FAQ section as this is covered there.

Chris

1 Like

Mason,

The only advantage to an aviation degree is if you did it in conjuction with flight school. That said as you mentioned your really leaving yourself with no options should aviation not work out for you. Your Plan B can and should be anything else you think you might enjoy and be successful at.

Adam

1 Like