Visiting the Cockpit

I’m traveling from Orlando to Oakland tomorrow on Southwest and have a quick layover in Chicago. I’d like to visit the cockpit during this short layover. Do pilots usually welcome people who want to visit? When and who should I ask to visit the cockpit? Thank you!

Nathan,

Most don’t mind so long as they’re not to busy. Protocol is to ask the lead FA and they’ll then ask the pilots. FYI, feel free to ask questions BUT don’t try and dazzle them with your knowledge or MSFS experience :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Nathan,

We like visitors, as long as we aren’t too busy. It is usually best to visit during the boarding process and not during deplaning as many times the pilots have already gone onto their next airplane.

Chris

I actually spoke with some delta pilots today, I actually ask the pilots the visit and there more then welcome to let you up there, and got alot of information about the industry, and recommended me good ways to get their. The things he said relate to what ive been hearing here, SENIORITY, is everything, he was on the 757/767 but returned to the md90 to enjoy more seniority, its always nice to see a pilot in real person and here their perspectives on the industry.

I am glad you got a visit in. The vast majority of us are happy to have visitors whenever we can.

Chris