Study Tools

Does anyone have any recommendations on study tools? Like the online flight schools that may not cover everything but give you a great basis?

One that comes to mind that seems very friendly and easy to watch is the Sporty’s Pilot flight online training. Any opinions? I believe this one is $349 for private pilot, instruments etc.

I really like the King schools videos. I might actually get the one for instrument and later on commercial. I find Shepard air excruciating, and I like to actually learn the material, not just the answers. Just my thoughts.

Rory,

Your last name is King bud and John and Martha have been de-mystifying the wonders of aviation for decades. In my not so humble opinion they’re the best.

Adam

1 Like

Yogev and Adam,
Thanks for the recommendation. I watched their very cheesy intro video while looking at the different possibilities it seemed very informative but maybe a little dry. I’m definitely going to check it out more it had a lot more curriculum vs the others I’ve seen!

Thats great thanks,
Rory

Looking back on their website they are definitely on the higher end of prices. However you get what you pay for if its the best!

Sporty’s pilot training the entire course for $349 or Kings schools each section private, instrument,commercial being $500 each!

You asked for recommendations. You never said you were looking for the cheapest. If that’s the case there are a ton for free on YouTube.

Adam

Adam,

Surely must have rubbed you wrong you are completely correct I never said I was looking for the cheapest nor am I.
It was a statement of how much the two cost and maybe why. Thats where the get what you pay comes from. I’m assuming that King’s schools elaborates much further considering just the private cost is a couple hundred more than some other full courses. Watched a couple of the “free videos” seems great.

Rory

Rory,

You haven’t rubbed me wrong at all. You asked for recommendations, you received a couple and your response was "Looking back on their website they are definitely on the higher end of prices. However you get what you pay for if its the best! "Sporty’s pilot training the entire course for $349 or Kings schools each section private, instrument,commercial being $500 each!" If price was your biggest concern you should simply have said so. I’m also curious why you’re not asking Gene at MGSU for his recommendations?

Adam

1 Like

Rory,

I am a big fan of the King Schools video series. I would look for them on eBay though to save a few dollars.

Chris

The Kings are anything but dry, give them another shot.