Some experience, don't know what to do

Hi, I’m High School in Southeast Virginia. I’ve always been interested in aviation and recently I have been thinking about following that career path. In my free time I do flight simulators and I am using a 737-300 and -800 to get familiar with commercial airplanes. My question is, where do I go from here? Is it required that I go to a big university if I want to become a pilot, or could I stay at a community college?

Thanks for the help
-Caden

Caden,

Major airlines want a 4yr degree from a legitimate school and that’s all. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with community college, in fact I think it’s a very wise decision.

On a side note flying a 737 sim doesn’t really count as “experience”. If you’re serious about flying you really should take an intro flight or lesson.

Adam

Hello Caden,

Review the FAQ section and then get back to us if you have specific questions. https://airlinepilot.life/c/Ask-your-questions-and-get-real-answers-from-real-pilots/frequently-asked-questions

Tory

Caden,

Where in Virginia are you from? I grew up in Virginia Beach and went to Old Dominion in Norfolk, Virginia.

Chris

Chesapeake, Great Bridge area.