New "Student Experiences" section

As this forum has grown many of our members have started their flight training and are eager to share their experiences with us and we would like to hear all about it. We just opened up a new section of the forum called “Student Experiences”, it is for current ATP students and ATP alumni to share their experiences in flight training and beyond.

Here are some sample topics to help get you started:

• Experiences with checkrides (we love to hear about these!)
  • Your progress through the program
  • Successes and challenges
  • Life after ATP, what are you doing to build flight time?
  • Getting hired at an airline

If this applies to you, head on over and tell us about where you are in the course of your training and career.

3 Likes

Very Cool!

Adam

Thanks! I just posted my blog over there. Enjoy!!

Question : We(Pilots ) believe that an IFR trained pilot is safer than a private (only).In other words Instrument training makes our skies safer.
Why do we not have many organizations out there offering scholarships for GENERAL AVIATION pilots to get their IFR ? I`m sure many would
benefit considering the cost of flying .Not to mention some might even consider a career in aviation …Most of the aviation scholarships are offered
to folks who are aspiring for a career in aviation . Can you please shed some light on this for me ? thank you

Musumba,

There are no scholarships because somebody would have to put up the money for them. Flight training is expensive and flying for fun (not a career) is a hobby that is mostly for people that have money already. Nobody takes pity on the guy who can only fly his private airplane on good weather days.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice if there were scholarships.

Chris

This is my first step i want to be a pilot but i want to know my first step going to pilot school.