I am 33 years old and want to start pilot course.am I too old to enroll in the course and become future pilot for bigger airlines?

Am I too old to start pilot course at age of 33?

You should read the FAQ in the Question and Answer sections. But short answer is no. You happen to be the average age of most guys going into the industry. As long as you as you meet the qualifications and are under the age of 65, you are qualified and able to go to the airlines. 33 will give you a nice career at the airlines if you start your training soon.

Yes, what Daniel said. The question comes up often. Here’s a link to the first thread that I ever read on this forum - I found it because I had the same question, and decided to search Google for something like “Is 40 too old to become an airline pilot?” What I found was very informative, and I recommend you start at the top, then read your way down. You’ll get a LOT of answers that should help you. The mentors cover it quite well.

https://airlinepilot.life/t/is-age-40-to-old-to-start/102

Also, search search search! Got a question, use the magnifying glass at the top to search the forum. It’s likely that someone else has asked it before, and your answer may be sitting there, waiting to be found. But, if not, ask away, and you’ll find someone ready to answer the best they can.

1 Like

Hello I am 31 years old. I’ve had a fear of flying my entire life . I mean I’ve never wanted to step foot inside of any aircraft.

After highschool I decided college wasn’t for me. I got married very young and had a few kids. Became a Tour bus driver and currently travel the country alot during the summer. Last year I decided to take a lesson and absolutely feel in love with flying.

The reason why I explained my situation is because, I’m no millionaire driving buses. However over the last year with my measly 10 hr’s of flight time , I want to fully pursue a flying career, as well as tackle a degree.

I find myself losing sleep at night at the thought of successfully achieving this new found Goal. I read some of the reviews I Google on different sites.

Finally my question is ? Is it unrealistic for a 31 year old with a wife and kids to go this route.

Thank You

Mike,

Short answer is no it’s not unrealistic but it will require some hard work and sacrifice.

I recommend you take a look at our FAQ section as we discuss age and cover many other popular subjects.

Adam

1 Like

Mike,

Your question is one that comes up often. As such, it is addressed in the FAQ section. Please take a look there. After that, we would be happy to help answer more specific questions.

Chris

1 Like

Mike,

31 is not old. It’s not young either. Your family will need to be supportive. The subject of age comes up regularly on this forum. You will find info on that and more in the FAQ section.

Tory

1 Like

Will do thanks Tory, Adam and Chris

1 Like