Driving Record History.....again

Hello everyone,
OK, I have read some of the previous threads on driving history, however, my situation is a bit more severe.
I haven’t had a moving violation for over 12 years, however, my history before is absolutely atrocious. (22 citations) combo of speeding, failure to obey traffic signals etc. No DUI’s.
Since my last offense, I have and currently fly for the military (NG), held a TS clearance, and now fly Part 91 holding an ATP with a few type ratings. My DMV/NDR record is clean, nothing on it, but a record still appears on a court registry without detail of the offense. All I have is a date and county within the state it took place. I haven’t the slightest clue how to accurately describe which violation is what on airlineapps. Any suggestions? Advice? My goal is to hire on with a major/national/legacy carrier.

The mentors will give you a better answer for the airlines but I can tell you from the public safety world (which scrutinizes any offense as you are now paid by and require the trust of the public) having the Military after all of that usually negates the rest as it would reflect you turned yourself around, learned to follow the rules and being in the military know how to follow the rules.

1 Like

Kevin,

If you’ve been clean for 12yrs, no alcohol or drugs I think you’ll be fine. In truth mine was pretty gnarly back in the day.

Adam

1 Like

Kevin,

I agree with the others. If that is truly all you have, then I suspect that you will be okay. Keep it perfectly clean moving forward.

Chris

1 Like

Gents,
Appreciate the the feedback. Yep, no drugs or alcohol, just a period of bad driving habits due to stress and poor time management mostly. This has always weighed heavy on me, but transparency is the best policy. Just wanted to breeze it past those out in the field with some insight. Time to face the music and see how it plays out.
Still unsure how to annotate it on the application, the only info provided for each infraction is;

Case number XXX, State of vs My Name, defendant
disposition “clerk has handled the offense”.

And thats it!! Doesn’t specify if it was speeding, seat belt, stop sign etc. Thoughts??

Kevin,

Honesty is always the best policy. Depending on the airline they usually ask for a copy of your driving record and any offenses within the last 10yrs. Put down what you remember but again I wouldn’t sweat it.

Adam

1 Like

Kevin,

You should do some research and find a company that offers airline interview prep. They can review your app and help you clean it up. I’m sure they will have suggestions on what to do about your driving history. I plan on doing the same.

Tory

2 Likes

I would definitely hire one of the interview prep companies and talk to them about this. Most people do anyways when they are applying to the majors.

1 Like