College After ATP

I love flying and I’m deciding to go to ATP in 5 months after I graduate this May from high school. And because I’m 18, I only need my PPL to reach one of ATP requirements. And then when I became instructor I’m going to start with college.
Is this a good ideal?
Does a lot of people do that?
Is it going to be hard to study for a degree when you are as instructor or Pilot in regional?

I would love to start flying and work toward my ratings when I’m 18 but I want see people thoughts about this and people who did they same thing and how they thing about it.

Murtadha,

Take a look at the FAQ section as your questions are addressed there.

Chris

I was in your same spot, just turned 20 and I’m currently in atp at KGKY. i got my PPL at the age of 18 then came to this atp location, I’m taking college classes online while doing it. Only 9 hours but still chipping away. I did my freshman year at OU. It is able to be done of you work hard. It’s not easy but it’s able to be done, i just got my instrument and starting crew now. Good luck and hope it works for you.

Murtadha,

Personally I believe you should go to college first. You say you “love flying” but have you ever actually done any flight training? The reason ATP requires college or a PPL is because countless HS students believe they want to fly but find out they really don’t or can’t. I’d encourage you to give your education some thought first.

If you do get your PPL first I’d then suggest you wait till you’re at a Regional to start college as you’ll have considerably more time for study.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you.
Did you like the decision you made? do thing is a good idea to do? do you know other people who done the same thing and they are okay with it if you know what i mean.

Murtadha,

I have been very happy with my decisions and with my career, that is why I am on this forum. I would day that most pilots are happy with their choices. However, there are no guarantees of this and at the end of the day, only you can determine if you will be happy with a choice or not.

Chris