ATP Admissions Flight

im ready to put in that work, all i have been able to think about this week is getting ready for my admissions flight next week. :joy:

Just to tease you a bit, asked my instructor to take this for me while I had my goggles on. MT Rainier on the way to KHIO from KTIW

2 Likes

First gotta say thatā€™s pretty cool but also unfair do to that to me lol. Second what do you mean by ā€œI had my goggles on?ā€ And would the instructor find it unprofessional if i asked to take a picture while im up on my first flight? Also KTIW is the one im going to isnt it?.

Ya thatā€™s the one in gig harbor. Also it never hurts to ask about taking a pic. Itā€™s a cool experience and Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t have a problem with it! Worse than can do is so no. Also I meant to put foggles not goggles. Basically they make it so you canā€™t see outside and have to look at your instruments you wear them mostly during instrument phase.

ahhhh ok that makes more sense now, are the ATP planes all instrument or do you fly some VFR?

Most of your training is done VFR.

Ah ok, also how long did it take for ATP to get back to you about your admissions flight?

Not that long I donā€™t think. But I honestly donā€™t remember

So I have been talking with a lot of people on other forums about the course and they its really a cram it in kinda of training and can be really difficult to make it all the way through the program. Especially for Pilots that are starting out at 0 time

Iā€™m starting from zero time and Iā€™ve always been ahead of schedule and am doing just fine. You have to be careful as to what others say and take it as a grain off salt, because from what Iā€™ve seen, the people that donā€™t like the program or talk bad about it, are the ones who didnā€™t do well. As long as you study a lot and are on top of your game, you shouldnā€™t have that much trouble. Not to mention those people probably study are home rather than at the ATP facility. From what Iā€™ve noticed and what instructors have told me, if you study at the facility, they have seen those students do better than the ones who mostly study at home.

So you have never seen anything really bad at ATP. Lack of instructors or bad equiptment/instructors or people who with 0 time have such a massive disadvantage going into such a fast paced program?

No I have not. As long as you are aware that you need to study basically study everyday you should do fine. Itā€™s an intense program sometimes but itā€™s doable with hard work

did you go into ATP without your ground school?

What do you mean? The only thing I did prior to starting was the PAR written.

You had said you had started ATP with 35 hours Idk if you did any ground school before ATP or you did it at ATP

I did it all at ATP. I got those 35 hours at a different flight school 4 years prior to starting ATP and didnā€™t do much ground school then.

I assume the instructors are pretty helpful when your struggling but as long as i study everyday and stay focused and committed to the program i should do just fine?

Ya I would say you would. Not only are the instructors super helpful but so are all the students. There are days Iā€™ll come in and a bunch of students around the same area are just studying and we will form like a study group for several hours just bouncing around questions and answers. Depending on when you want to start you could also complete every written test so your time while enrolled is easier.

Unfortunatly I wont be able to get any of the tests done before I would start :confused:

I mean itā€™s not the end of the world. Still doable.