Written Tests Time Frame

My start date is June 10, 2019. I would love to be able to get the written tests done before then, but realistically how possible is that? Around how much study time is required for each one? Also, does the king schools program adequately prepare one for the private written test or do I need to study other things as well?

The PAR takes probably 1-2 weeks if you work on it pretty solidly. The IRA/FII and the CAX/FOI/FIA could be done in probably 1-2 days each if you really hit them hard on sheppard air.

My IRA took 1-2 weeks while in the program as I was studying other things during that time and flying every day.

1 Like

Dakota,

How long does it take to read a 300 page novel? I know people who can bang one out in a day, for me could be weeks. How many hours a day are you devoting to study? How good is your comprehension and retention? That’s literally an impossible question to answer. What I do know is the sooner you start and the more time you invest the sooner you’ll be done.

Adam

1 Like

Dakota,

I think it would be a little tight to try to get all of the writtens done in such a short time frame. I would recommend trying to get as many as possible done, but focusing on doing well over just trying to complete as many as possible.

The King Schools and Sheppard Air preps should be more than sufficient to get you ready for the exams.

Chris

1 Like

https://airlinepilot.life/t/how-much-study-time-for-the-ira-and-cax/18763/

1 Like

Hi Dakota, I studied using the Kings PAR prep – nothing else – and I passed this morning with a 98%. It definitely adequately prepares you. I only saw a couple questions that were worded slightly differently than the Kings question bank, but the concepts were exactly the same. I completed the modules, ran through the entire question bank, and took a few practice tests before taking the test. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Nate, i’m gonna take the PAR probably next week congrats on that score. I too am only studying Kings. Glad to hear this prepares you very well for the test.

2 Likes

You should be able to at least get the private and instrument ones (IRA and FII) done. Private can be done in a couple weeks with moderate study every day, and instrument can be also banged out in a similar timeframe with Sheppard Air.

1 Like