Work with ATP job questions

Just curious when you are working with ATP is it a regular Monday -maybe Sunday type job with vacation days and holidays? I might be planning to take the school far away from my family so wondering if I’ll be able to visit them. Or can we still work on those days to get more hours flying.

As a CFI, we are supposed to work 5 days a week, but most of us work 6 or 7. Students have weekends “off”, but most want to fly on the weekends. If plane availability or weather cancels flights during the week, weekends will be a must to keep them on time. You create your own schedual with your students, and as long as they are progressing and on time, no one will question you.

Time off is not paid, but we can take off when we need to as long as you find other instructors to take on your students. For example, I have a trip planned next week, so I had to find instructors to fly my 4 students while I am gone. Usually not a problem as people are always looking for hours. Holidays that we have off are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. There are a few days around each that students and instructors are not required to fly.

2 Likes