Which knowledge test was the most difficult?

I am taking my private pilot knowledge exam on Friday, so while I am sitting here studying, I was wondering what written exam (private, instrument, or commercial) you guys thought was the most difficult. I find most of the topics for the private pretty simple and straightforward.

Just thought I would ask to give me a few minutes of a break from studying!

Mark,

I would say the instrument written is the most difficult of those three because it is comprised of a lot of technical concepts. The private is your foundation, but the test itself is pretty straight forward. The commercial is just more of the private knowledge with a few new things.

Tory

Thanks for your reply!

Mark,

For me it was the FOI for sure. As you said most off the exams are fairly straight forward and I’m good with numbers, facts and figures. The FOI is much more conceptual which isn’t my forte. That said none of them were that bad.

Adam

thanks!

Adam,

Funny you should say that. A lot of the FOIs were straight from comm 101. I thought that test was going to be a breeze, but it was tricky because a lot of the answer choices were correct, but only one answer was MOST correct; kind of like taking the SATs. I struggled with the FOI test too for that reason.

Tory

1 Like

I found the PPL written exam to be the most difficult as it was the foundation for all that followed. Everything else simply built on the PPL.

1 Like

That is refreshing to hear. A lot of my college classes started off with basic information first, and that served as the building block for the rest of the semester.

Thanks!