Real Answers from Real Pilots

Which flight school to choose?

Hello,
I’m a college student ( female 21 ) and I’m really stressed and confused about choosing a flight school. I’m looking into Spartan and ATP but I can get myself to decided because there are a lot of mixed reviews online. It would be helpful if I can get some honest reviews and opinions?!

Mannat,

Take a look at the Student Experience section. Those are uncensored posts by ACTUAL students. Please keep in mind that ATPs program is an accelerated program designed to train pilots for the airlines. Not everyone is successful. No one wants to believe it’s because their own flaws or weaknesses and its much easier to point fingers. Sadly that’s the source of the majority of the negative reviews.

Adam

Thank you so much for replying (:
Yes, I definitely would look up the student experience section.

Mannat,

Also, when comparing flight schools look at my “List of Questions For Any Prospective Flight School” in the “Flying the Line” section. It will help you know what to ask when talking with various flight schools.

Chris

Chris,
That was really helpful. As of now I am really leaning towards ATP, however I am scared to make a wrong decisions. If yes, what is your personal take on ATP ? Is it good flight school that’ll help me land a job with an airline?

Mannat,

I personally think that ATP is a fantastic school. I went there as a student and got exactly what I was promised, for exactly the price that I was promised. But don’t just take my work for it, read through the Student Experiences section and also look at the “Airline Placements” page on ATP’s main website. The airlines hire hundreds of ATP students per year, that tells you just about everything you need to know right there.

Now to be clear, this website is sponsored by ATP, but if you read through our posts, you will notice that we are not sales people, we do not push the flight school. We simply share our experiences and help answer your questions.

Chris

1 Like