Where to Live while at ATP

Hello,

I am starting out at ATP in VA later this summer with a PPL. While I am looking for housing, is there a maximum radius I should be thinking of in terms of distance from ATP? 20 minute drive? 30 minute drive? The farther I get away from the airport, the cheaper it seems to become.

I have chosen not to sign up for ATP’s housing because I am married and my military wife will be nearby. Privacy is important, but you have to pay for it.

If anyone has any tips on where someone should live within the vicinity of ATP’s outfit that would be great.

Thank you in advance. Y’all have a great forum.

1 Like

M,

I can’t give specific recommendations since I am unfamiliar with that area, but I would say no more than an hour commute is reasonable. I know there are some students that commute farther, but it gets dicey when an instructor asks a student to come in to do a lesson, which can happen since students are expected to be available for 8 hours a day.

Tory

1 Like

The atp housing in Richmond is in Chester. It was abn lat a 25 minute one way when I instructed there a few months back.

Thanks for the help, folks. I think I will stick within a 30 minute driving radius…