Where do I start?

Hello my name is Amani. So I just turned 15 and I want to become a commercial airline pilot. Maybe even fly internationally one day. I am going in the 10th grade and I just wanted to know what I could do right now to set myself on the path of becoming a pilot? Will I need to go straight into college after high school, or will starting flight school be better. Could I start training now or do I need to be of a certain age to do that? I just want to make sure I know the right things to do to become a pilot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Amani,

The best thing that you can do right now is to do well in high school and put yourself in a position to get into a good college. Once in college it really doesn’t matter what you major in, in fact I recommend picking something other than aviation as it is always good to have a backup.

You could start flight training at any point, but there are age restrictions on when you can actually obtain certain licenses. I personally would recommend waiting until after college as that way you can flow straight from flight training into flight instructing, which is how you will build your hours.

Take a look around this website, look at our schedules and the flying the line sections. Of course, feel free to ask any questions that you can think of.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you Chris this was very informative.

1 Like