What is a Bid period?

I’m still jealous of that, Adam! I’d LOVE to go your same route. Guess we’ll see!

I am very fortunate :slight_smile:

Scott it all begins with goals and working hard to reach them.

Adam

First post/question here. Same website - what does the percentage slider represent?

Darby,

As it says it’s a “percentage” of the pay. If you notice some of the airlines will show “X% increase next year” based on the contract. The slider lets you calculate the increase.

Adam

Hi Adam, I’ve been actively researching HAL in preparation for my interview coming up on January 3rd. I’m currently a 4 year FO at SkyWest Airlines. I grew up in Hawaii for 17 years and HAL has always been my ultimate career goal as a pilot. What advise can you give me in leading up to my interview?

Tony,

I do not work for Hawaiian, but I can tell you that attention to detail is important for any major airline interview. As such, I would make sure to check your resume for typos, things like typing “advise” when you mean “advice” and starting a new thread to ask a new question instead of just cobbling onto an old thread that has nothing to do with your question. It is small stuff, but it all adds up.

Chris

Thank you for your advice Chris. My mistake for not starting a new thread. I will proof read my predictive text errors better next time. I obviously proof read my resume and application before submitting.

Tony,

First off congrats on scoring the interview. That in and of itself takes some doing. On the plus side you grew up in Hawaii and you’re currently at SkyWest where we seem to be getting a fair amount of pilots. Obviously you need to do well in the sim (it’s just a PC with MSFlt Sim). The sim portion is really just about demonstrating your procedures, can run a checklist and have a decent grasp of CRM. There’s also the Cognitive portion which you really can’t study or train for. The biggest piece (and the most nebulas) is the panel has to “like” you. At Hawaiian it’s really about fitting in with the culture. Best advice I can give you is to be yourself and if Hawaiian is really where you aspire to fly LET THEM KNOW! They want to know that Hawaiian is where you want to be.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Adam