Week away from start date

I begin Monday and I think I’ll be able to give another point of view that I haven’t stumbled across yet. Currently have a 3 year old and 1 year old. My wife started a company with a colleague. Was furloughed since April and as of yesterday my position will end October 23rd. We gambled with flight school and it appears it will pay off. Have 16 hours under the belt and have been doing my best to study and stay on things.

Sadly I am not going to be written test ready. (Started kings prior to enrolling, kings came with ATP, had finished all the way up to the minimum only to find out the only way to “merge” is to use the ATP kings and refund/takeaway the one I purchased) So currently going through all the questions to catch up and have a “refresher” of sorts. (Surprised how much I’ve retained). In short I still have a while to go before start but in reality it’s been a blessing to review it more than once.

With having two kids I will say it’s not easy to manage getting up early, studying, watching them all day and then either getting the flight in and more studying, but knowing I will have the opportunity to take full advantage from 8-5 and use all that time for studying has lifted some weight off my shoulders.

Also wanted to say thank you for a lot of the people in these forums. Definitely made some solid choices with iPads, sunglasses, headsets and even shoes! (I also would walk around barefoot if I could).

3 Likes

Neil,

Thanks for the update, remember that the program is actually designed for the writtens to be done while in the program, so don’t stress too much about that.

I totally dislike shoes and socks myself, but unfortunately society seems to think they are a good thing.

Chris

2 Likes