Update!

I know I have been absent for some time but I figured I would give an update! I’ve been super busy the last few months finishing up instructing.

I’m currently In ATP-CTP (Airline Transport Pilot - Certified Training Program) training with ATP-JETS In Dallas Texas. This training covers a wide variety of subjects from High Altitude Aerodynamics to Weather Theory to Crew Resource Management. It also includes 10 hours of simulator time reviewing what you learned in class.

I start Indoc Training with Envoy Air on Monday.

From the time I started ATP to getting my class date at Envoy was nearly 2 years to the day.

For all of those starting out who feel like the dream is so far in the future, I will tell you now that time flies (pun intended), and you will be here before you know it.

11 Likes

Good luck too you!

Super awesome, Tucker! I have a couple friends at Envoy. You’ll love it. Do you know what plane you’ll be flying?

Tory

Tucker,

Thank you for the update. That is awesome news! Congratulations on getting hired at Envoy!

Keep us up to date as you progress through your career.

Chris

Most likely going to be the 145 out of ORD but I will know for sure on Monday.

1 Like

Tucker Congrats on starting Envoy! Good luck to you and everything the future holds for you!

E-145 in LGA!

1 Like

Tucker,

Congrats! Great airplane, lousy airport but what can you do? Just get used to LONG taxis and you’ll be fine :wink:

Adam

1 Like

Flying out of LGA will make you a real pilot, no doubt about that. :slight_smile:

Chris

2 Likes

I’ll have my buddy Robert keep an eye out for you.

Tory

1 Like

What location did you instruct at to get your hours?

Congrats Tucker! Im following your footsteps, 350 hrs to go and already signed up with the Envoy cadet program.
Question, how do you get the base, just ask and it shall be given or depends on equipment, for instance if I wanted DFW,?
Congrats again Tucker!!
Enrico

Another update - Sorry… been really busy.

I instructed at the ATP Tampa location. (Based at the St. Petersburg Airport. KPIE)

Day one of class you get your base and equipment. It’s based on a few factors. (THIS IS ENVOY SPECIFIC. It varies airline to airline.) First choice goes to Envoy Cadets (Instructors who signed on with Envoy 6+ months out of their start date). After that, it goes to pilots with prior Airline experience and Military Transition Pilots, and lastly the rest of us go by age. I was the second to last in seniority in my class of 30 (As I Expected).

Training has been intense. ATP really does set you up well as most of it is Self Study with a bit of instructor guidance. You have numerous instructors, often a different one each day.

It is overwhelming at first but at some point things start to click and make sense, and you get a sense of “I can do this”.

I’ll answer any questions you have but don’t be upset if I don’t reply for a few days as we are at the training center 9hrs a day, studying when we have days off, and also trying to do some fun things to keep our sanity.

Training can be intense and frustrating, but at the end of the day you know you can do it, the instructors and your classmates are here to help you, and honestly it is a good bit of fun.

2 Likes

Congrats sir! You will love it. I am half done with IOE on the 175

I saw that post! Congrats man. I’m sure I’ll se you around sometime soon!

One more update! Passed my ATP checkride on the Embraer-145 today and am officially done with training. I have a few days off and then IOE (Initial Operating Experience) starts Monday with a 4 day trip out of ORD (Chicago O’hare).

Training at Envoy took just under 2 months and was challenging yet a lot of fun at the same time. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for going to ATP!

4 Likes

Nice work! Good luck to you!

Tucker,

Congratulations! Congratulations on officially becoming an airline pilot!

Chris

1 Like

One more.

Finished both my IOE (Initial Operating Experience) trips. These are trips flown with check airman/training captains followed by a line check. This is an observed flight to make sure you are ready to be signed off from the training department. My trips were out of ORD and JFK/LGA.

Flying the actual plane vs the simulator gives you very valuable experience as what they can teach in the simulator vs in the real plane is different. The first flight in the Jet is a normal flight with normal passengers. I learned so much in the 30 hours of IOE.

Up next is reserve for a few months.

It’s crazy how fast the transition from instructing to airline pilot went but I’m finally starting to get comfortable. I have A LOT left to learn, but thru my training at both ATP and Envoy I have been setup to succeeded.

4 Likes