Unpaid ticket warrant

Hello, I just walked in the door from work and received a final notice of arrest warrant. There were unpaid parking tickets I guess thought I had paid, but I didn’t realize it was never paid. I’m going to clear it up this week. I’m hoping to start ATP this summer. I have no other records and this was just a fluke. Will this keep me from being hired by an airline?

Lynn,

As long as it was simply parking tickets and you remain clean you should be fine. However, I STRONGLY recommend that if it comes up during an interview you refrain from using the statement “it was just a fluke”. YOU got the tickets and YOU didn’t pay them. That’s not a fluke, that’s being irresponsible and airlines don’t like hiring pilots who don’t take responsibility for their actions. You’d be better served by saying you made an unfortunate mistake, cleared it up immediately and regret the error you made.

Adam

Lynn,

I don’t think this is a career killing event, but I would address this immediately. I would also point out that numerous unpaid tickets shows a pattern of not following the law and then not accepting the consequences. I would recommend that you accept responsibility and not get any more tickets.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback. I took care of it today. I usually always pay my tickets, but I had moved during the summer. They sent me a notice to my old address but it was returned to back to sender. I never received it, so I ended up not knowing about it until last Friday. That is what I meant about a fluke. If it comes up, should I go into detail about my address change?

Lynn,

If that’s all it was I doubt if it’ll even come up. If it does I would simply explain (just as you did above) about the address change. Again as long as this isn’t a pattern I believe you’ll be fine.

Adam