United Airlines Orders 50 Airbus A321XLRs

Very interesting, so this seems to be the beginning of the end for the 75 too huh?

The beginning of the end for the 757 happened many years ago when Boeing stopped making them and instead chose to refocus on the aging 737.

Boeing has been the architect of their own demise, it is amazing to watch a once great company implode.

2 Likes

You sound like you’re warming up to the ScareBus bud? Say it ain’t so! :wink:

1 Like

Maybe he’ll jump on your Bose bandwagon too​:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Do you think that Boeing has started down a slippery slope that they simply can’t recover from? One of the CFIs at my flight school said that the managers have started to make the engineer’s decisions and has ultimately put making money first and relying on their name alone to keep them amongst the top airplane manufacturers.

Al,

Yes, I unfortunately I do think that is the case. Boeing has spent the last several decades making decisions based on expediency, outsourcing jobs and resting on their laurels. All of those chickens are coming home to roost now.

Chris

1 Like

I think Boeing’s final knife was giving Airbus a FREE medium range jet by trying to have the US Govt take care of their competition for them.

This is definitely an era to be apart of that is for sure.

Just found this documentary on a A350 manufacturing, if you have 48 minutes, it might be a good find! They mentioned in there briefly about how composite is making a new world of aviation, plus how it can be manipulated.

Manufacturing an Airbus A350

1 Like

Brady,

Interesting video, thank you for posting it.

Chris

1 Like

For anyone keeping tabs in the Airbus/Boeing competition, just released Reuters article about Boeing’s deliveries being halved in the current year compared to last year deliveries. Wonder when the 737 MAX’s will be flying again.

Brady,

This has been interesting to watch, to say the least. Thank you for sharing that article.

Chris

1 Like