United Airlines Aviate Program & ATP

United Airlines & ATP have partnered to provide new pilots the fastest path to a career with United Airlines. This is really an exciting development as it provides a direct path to a career with one of the largest and most successful airlines the world.

Read more here: https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/united-airlines-aviate-pilot-program.html

2 Likes

This is another awesome achievement for ATP School and for future pilots.

1 Like

Wow!

Adam

I recently read about the Aviate program, and was sad to see that ATP was not (yet) a partner school, great news and great opportunity for ATP students! :grinning:

Curious how this will work. Do they push ATP grads through the affiliated regional Aviate carriers?

What a milestone for ATP and future students - it sounds like doors have been opened to endless opportunities!

Jordan?

Yes, once selected for the program, Aviate members go to one of three United Express carriers to build experience. Currently the carriers are Mesa, CommutAir and ExpressJet.

Chris

2 Likes

So is this a guaranteed flow through similar to Envoy/AA program?

T,

If you read the details it appears to be a similar program. Keep in mind there’s always fine print and nothing is guaranteed.

Adam

1 Like

So for those who doesn’t have a bachelors degree! I don’t think they could move up to the major airlines until they have their bachelors? Or might be wrong.

My hub is for Delta at DTW.

I thought Delta was the best to fly for am I wrong?

Matthew,

The best airline is all a matter of perspective. Company culture, pay, the contract, pilot domiciles all figure into the equation. I for one am very happy that I work at United and not Delta, but your mileage may vary.

Chris

Maurice,

The United Aviate program requires pilots to have a bachelor’s degree before making the jump to United. Almost all major airlines require one. The only exception to this is the flow through program that American has begun.

Bottom line though is that if you want to fly for a major, you should make sure to have a degree.

Chris

1 Like

Matthew,

My old boss a million years ago would say if there was a “best” anything, there’d be only ONE and everyone would fight over it.

If you talk to Delta pilots they’ll tell you Delta is best. United pilots will say United. I fly for Hawaiian, want to take a guess my thoughts? :wink:

Adam

1 Like

I like that one :thinking: but I see what you mean :+1:t4:

Maurice,

Something to think about is completing your flight training now, so that you can get in a program and start building flight time and seniority, then earning your degree while at the regionals. Take a look at this link: https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/college-credit.html

Chris

1 Like