Tuition Reimbursement + Sign On Bonus for 2020

I have been attempting to clarify whether or not the Tuition Reimbursement is deducted from your Sign On Bonus for whichever regional you choose. I just got off the phone with Kirk from financing and it was stated that if you choose one of the Regionals apart of the Airline-Sponsored Career Track (more info here) then you would get the following (using Envoy as an example):

$5000 Tuition Reimbursement while instructing ($5 per flight hour x 1000 hours)
$6000 Tuition Reimbursement during your first 12 months with the regional ($500 per month x 12 months)
$17,100 Signing Bonus with Envoy

That means the Tuition Reimbursement ($11k) is in addition to the sign on bonus of your regional ($17.1k with Envoy for this example), cumulatively being $28.1k. That being said, it conflicts with the following post from @DanielleCalnin:

Is it safe to assume that @DanielleCalnin (hoping you’re still an active user) post is just out of date being that it was posted in Sept 2016?

Hi Andy,

You can find accurate information on the Envoy Cadet Program page on ATP’s website: https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/envoy-air-cadet-program.html

1 Like

@Andy_P The Envoy Cadet program is set up differently than airlines offering Tuition Reimbursement as Envoy cadets are considered Envoy employees. You can view more information on their website:

https://www.envoyair.com/cadet-program/

2 Likes

Well, I hope the commitment I just experienced is company wide. Ashley Pillon (the one who commented above this post) just called me to help clarify the information. I have been apart of many company sponsored forums and have never experienced someone giving a call from a forum post before. After the phone conversation, I can see why it would be best to have an actual conversation over the phone rather than try to explain everything on this post. Luckily, the link provided by Ashley (goes directly to Envoy’s website) gives a good idea of what you’re looking at though.

To my knowledge, you need to be employed by one of the Envoy partner cadet flight schools or universities (listed on the above link) to be eligible for the program. Some of those schools may hire some external applicants, but I’d recommend contacting Envoy’s Pilot Recruitment directly for questions on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Update for new Envoy Cadets:

Going forward, the bonus structure will be: $18,000 Total
$5,000 can be drawn as a lump sum Cadet (Flight Instructor) Tuition Assistance Bonus paid upon signing your two year employment agreement with Envoy.
$10,000 (minus amount drawn for Tuition Assistance bonus) paid upon completion of First Officer training.
$8,000 paid upon completion of year one of service.

4 Likes