Training flight

I get it every time I talk about the '80 model 172N I fly. My mom won’t even fly with me still :joy:.

You should tell her that many of the airplanes the airlines fly were manufactured in the 1980s or even earlier. I have flown airliners that were older than I am (I am 35).

Chris

Well the problem is she’s never flown and is scared to death. But she was planning to go with me til she found out it was 14 years older than the pilot :joy:. Now she claims she’ll fly for the first time when I get to an airline. We’ll see how that goes…

I am glad to hear that you have made up your mind. Of course feel free to use us as a resource anytime a question comes up. I might go for the intro flight sooner, just to make sure this is something that you really want to do.

Chris

Yeah that was the plan here in Tampa. With my 80 hours I’m sure I want to for for a living, but will do the intro flight before I make an solid commitment. Closest location is 6 hours away so I’m gonna try and make it happen sooner rather than later.

Tucker,

You are right about the 80 hours, I am sure you have your career goals set at this point :slight_smile: Six hours is a good hike. When I went through the program it was about four hours for me. I only went home once, but my then girlfriend did come visit me, so that made it better.

Chris

Yeah ill make another fun weekend trip out of it! I plan on making it home for thanksgiving and Christmas… (Hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:)

Tucker,

No guarantees, but I can’t see the holidays being an issue.

Chris

Chris,

Which aircraft do you currently fly? Are you captain or FO?

LaMorris,

I am a First Officer on the 737.

Chris

Nice! I’m a huge fan of the 737. However, the 757 will always hold a special place in my heart! Lol

1 Like

I flew the 757 for many years, it is really a great airplane. I always enjoyed flying it.

1 Like

I have a quick question. How many hours per month do you NORMALLY fly?

LaMorris,

I usually fly 85-90 hours per month, the same was true when I was a flight instructor.

Chris

1 Like

Nice. Keep up the good work sir! Thanks for all of the VALUABLE information!!!

@kcbaker if you don’t mind me asking did you apply with a cosigner? I’m in the process of paying down a lot of my credit cards to I can apply for the loan in March or April… And just wanted to see the odds of me getting approved. I’ve been having credit for a lil over 5 years with no derogatory marks. Currently righth now a lil over the 700’s and just wanted to see my options without a cosigner since I can’t get one.

Thanks.

I did use my mom as a cosignor. Her score is ridiculous in the 800s and mine is around 770 after 2 years of having a credit card and a few random bills.
I really don’t know how much credit score factored into getting approved. The people at sallie mae called and had a phone interview with me about my plans and it seemed like a typical hr interview. The next day they called my mom and asked the same questions to verify I wasn’t lying lol. They told her on the phone that we had been approved, and then our credit check returns came two days later.
I’m no finance professional whatsoever, but I feel you have a good chance. However finding a possible consignor may help you get a better rate which is always nice! Best of luck!
When are you planning to start and which location?

1 Like

Yea unfortunately I can’t find a cosigner. However I’m aware of how credit works… I’ve Been having credit since 2012 auto loans, small student loans,
And several credit cards(which I’ve been Paying down) now my score is a 720 .

I plan on starting in June (summer time for better weather.) Im looking into the Sacramento or Oakland location.

Anytime, that is what we are here for :slight_smile:

I’m sure @Chris and everyone else will agree, where there’s a will there’s a way. You obviously have the will so you’ll figure it out man. Good luck with everyone!