Tall

Can i be a pilot if my height is 6´8

Junior,

While there’s no law or regulation against it, it’s more a matter of comfort and ability to manipulate the controls. ATP has a 6’3" limitation because you need to be able to fly a variety of planes but not all flight schools do. I’ve heard C172s and 182s are the best for taller pilots? I recommend you visit your local flight school and see what they have, see how you “fit” and take it from there.

Adam

Thank you so much

Junior,

The military also has restrictions on height, but the airlines do not. I know plenty of tall pilots.

Chris

I have a friend who is 6’9" and is currently a regional pilot. As others have mentioned, it may not be comfortable but there is nothing saying you can’t do it!

I’m 6’5" and was concerned about fitting into the aircraft as well. I visited the closest ATP school and they allowed me to sit inside the Piper Archer and it was snug but I fit so no worries. I’ve flown in a 172 and they definitely have more room than the Archer for the taller gentleman. As I understand it from talking to the ATP instructors, weight is much more of a factor.