Survey: Favorite Airline Livery?

And the best part is I’ve actually flown that bird! :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Maybe that was you Adam

I know they’re a regional and have their code share partner’s livery on the aircraft, but the company livery is pretty neat too!

That actually is a pretty good looking paint job.

1 Like

Saw a photo of this plane on Instagram today leaving DFW and thought it was a rather unique paint scheme. Had to Google it to find a decent picture. Not sure I understand the whole “spirit of the island”Hawaii theme on an Alaskan Airline plane but I think it’s a beautiful plane.

Jeremy my friend, I’m sorry but you will not be flying for Hawaiian, EVER! Alaska is our sworn enemy, they put a friggin’ lei on the Eskimo and the whole “Spririt of Hawaii” is an affront (It’s like a haole like me calling everyone brah). If you like that plane so much I suggest you apply to Alaska as I will be telling the powers that be to flag your name should you apply! :wink:

Adam

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Not cool Adam

Adam,

You’re the definition of “savagery” :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I just noticed the haole reference you made. That’s funny

So I was born in Russia and had some exposure to all kinds of airlines, but I gotta stay biased lol

75f9ea7a6f53e1f1fbbc83b12c53c776
And, man, it looks good with all that snow around and on top of it😍

By the way, is there a tradition in US, to name the aircrafts? So in Russia Aeroflot is a national airline and every aircraft that belongs to them and painted in official livery are actually named after someone. You can see on this website all the names for each aircraft. https://www.aeroflot.ru/us-en/flight/plane_park
Its really cool, in its own way. In my opinion it gives each plane some kind of identity, the don’t seem the same even though the aircraft type might exactly the same.
I just think it’s really interesting.

I’m just happy Aeroflot’s improved their safety as they were the “deadliest airline” in the World. Many airlines name their airplanes. At Hawaiian all our 717’s are named for local birds and the widebodies for the stars.

Adam

United has 748 airplanes, way too many to come up with names for.

Don’t a few of UA’s 772ERs have prior CO CEO names? I think the first 773ER was also named the “New Spirit of United”, right? Other than that I agree UA/AA/DL all have too many planes to name even half of them!

Jason,

We have a very few airplanes that do have names, but it is not publicized like JetBlue does theirs. In fact, you seem to know more about it than I do :slight_smile:

Chris

I’ve always been impartial to polished metal of the old American liveries. I even like the new style but not as much. When I first came to the States, that’s the airline that caught my eye and never really let up.

For one-off liveries, I like IcelandAir’s Northern Lights

Not flying anymore but still my favourite!

Chris,

Truth be told it’s not really that clear to me about the 772s since like you said it’s not really publicized. I know it’s been talked about on the United Flyertalk fleet page and a few are listed with names on the fleet tracking site but that’s about what I know.
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/mainline-fleet-tracking

The first 773 was a bit more publicized though:
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2017/01/17/united-airlines-first-boeing-777-300er-is.html

Jason,

That is actually the first that I have seen either of those press releases. Now perhaps I just missed them, but because there is not a big culture of naming airplanes here, they kind of go unnoticed. I have flown a few of the named airplanes, but I never bothered to mention it to anybody.

Now to be clear, I like the tradition of naming airplanes, especially how Pan Am had the Yankee Clipper, Dixie Clipper, etc. We are just so big that it would be impossible to keep up if they all had names.

Chris