Student Experience

I would like to know from currrnt of past student how the program at atp is formed and how long it takes for each phase. How is the learning and studying structured. I’m cerious if I should get my PPL before attending atp or not. In my opinion due to from what I hear overwhelming materials and this is something new that I am putting myself into along with a large investment. So by getting the PPL separate, I’ll have my feet wet before attending atp. Can anyone here relate?

Thank you in advance!

Bishoy,

Others may chime in but I do recommend if someone is unsure if aviation is for them they get their PPL first. ATP is a huge commitment both financially and lifestyle as well and that’s a great way to determine if you’re up for it.

I’m sorry but I honestly don’t understand what “In my opinion due to from what I hear overwhelming materials” means.

Adam

Thanks for your respond Adam,

Due to the YouTube videos that I watch about ATP and what student go through and post. Most of them say that it’s hard it’s an intense program or maybe they are over reacting I’m not sure.

Bishoy,

ATP’s website has a timeline that explains each phase in detail.
https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/flight-training-timeline.html

If you don’t think you’ll be able to keep up with ATP’s pace, you won’t be able to keep up at an airline’s pace. If the pace intimidates you, I suggest getting your PPL at a local school. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. Some people just need a little extra time in the beginning, myself included.

Tory

Bishoy,

No they’re not overreacting. ATP’s program is highly accelerated and takes years worth of training and condenses it into months. As Tory said, if you can’t keep up with ATP’s pace, keeping up during airline training should be a greater concern.

Adam

1 Like

Tory, I do understand your point. I appreciate your quick respond. I just don’t know, I’m tying to put the puzzle together to be honest. I come from Banking background and have ZERO aviation knowledge I studied business in college. Maybe my questions sometimes sound stupid but honestly from the hunger that I have that I want to know more and understand things better and also to make smart and not very risky decisions.

Bishoy,

If you have concerns, and it sounds like you do, I would recommend getting your PPL first.

Chris

I understand what you’re saying. It’s not up to us to decide for you, Bishoy. At some point you need to make a decision. We’re here to answer however many questions you have to help you decide.

Tory