Real Answers from Real Pilots

Starting this month

Hello,

I am due to start at KWIA jan 16th. Ive done all me pre-reqs etc and currently studying to make sure im ready to start in a couple weeks.
Previously I was finishing up at my old job which took alot of my time. I noticed the posts about folks finishing their knowledge exams before arriving on day one.
Theres no way id get that done at this point. Will this cause any problems for me in the long run?

Stewart,

It will not cause you any problems at all. We recommend students complete their writtens prior to starting the program, but it is not a requirement and in fact the program is designed for the student to complete the exams during the program. Prepare as much as you can, but don’t stress about the written exams.

Enjoy the program and keep us up to date!

Chris

Stewart,

As Chris said you’ll be fine. We recommend completing some writtens to a) lessen the workload a little and b) get students in the right mindset prior to training. You’ll be fine.

Adam

Stewart,

I say you have 2 weeks to go…If you don’t have too much going on and you want a headstart, you can definitely get the private written out of the way by then.

Yarden

Thank you for your quick responses. Im going to keep trucking along and see if i can get it done before the 16th either way cant hurt.

Excited to get started later this month

Many Thanks

Stewart,

Even if you don’t take the test any studying that you can do will certainly be beneficial. I started around January 16th as well, you are giving me flash backs :slight_smile:

Chris

Thanks Chris for the feedback, sorry for the late reply.

Just a couple days left until I start so very excited. Been studying away and averaging about 90% in practice tests.

Excited to get airborne.

Many Thanks

Stewart

No worries, I completely understand.

90% is great, I vote that you pull the trigger and take the test.

Please keep up with us during the program if you find the time. Enjoy the training, it is hard work, but it is also some of the most fun that you will have in aviation.

Chris

Hi Chris, since we last spoke I started in January as planned and am getting ready to take comm multi in the next week or so then it’s off to CFI School. The program has been good so far and I’ve met it with success so hoping that can carry into the last portion of training.

Stewart