Start date set - study material for work?

Hey everyone

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me in getting to this point. I got accepted into the program, loans sorted out and start date set for November 11th.

Today I received my kit from ATP. I will be working in my current career up until the end of October. I know I need to complete my online modules and I’m going to try and get as many writtens done ahead of time. However I’m wondering what book(s) are recommended in this ATP kit that I can take to work with me to study when things are slow. I will be starting from zero with ATP. Unfortunately I can’t have a computer or iPad with me but I will definitely have time to read.

What do ya’ll recommend I start with?

Cheers

Outside of King’s school for the written, it wouldn’t hurt to look at the Airplane Flying Handbook and the Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.

I agree with Caleb. I finished my training about a month ago right and it took me about 8-8 1/2 months. Definitely try to knock out as many of the written exams before your start date. That helped me out a lot. It will free up more time for you. As well, read through the piper supplement and have a general understanding of the systems. You may not know exactly what it is saying but it will have you familiar with everything when you start talking with your instructor. Goodluck to you, and enjoy the ride!!

Thanks guys.

I’m not sure which plane they’re using for training (cessna 172 or piper archer) but will try and find out. I think they’re a bit backed up with the hurricane currently.

Cheers!

I heard East Archers, west 172’s but not sure if that’s accurate or not. I know here at Hillsboro we have the new 172’s. Which location are you going to?

Liam, which iPad did you decide to purchase for your ATP training?