Spartan College of Aeronautics

Jade,

To quote you “do the research”, all that info is clearly displayed in my profile. But hey, speaking of research (based on your suggestion) I just visited Spartan’s website and here’s some fun facts:

2016 Spartan BA grads employed: 9
ATP: 264
Spartan AIRLINE Partners:
Envoy
Endeavor
ATP Airline Partners:
Envoy
Endeavor
SkyWest
ExpressJet
Piedmont
Horizon
Compass
Republic
Silver
PSA
CommutAir
Mesa
GoJets

Btw, no where on the Spartan site does it list any prices? ATPs are clearly stated AND guaranteed. You’re right, research is a good thing :slight_smile:

Adam

4 Likes

I was a rather successful instructor with dozens of applicants signed off and a very high pass rate. I can’t possibly imagine somebody else teaching the ground school and then me taking the student up and expecting them to perform in a certain way. In fact, no airline simulator session that I have ever been in has been done this way. I have always had a two hour brief from an instructor, then that instructor gets in the simulator with us. The method you are describing sounds bizarre to me and I think would make for a very poor dynamic between student and CFI in the cockpit.

1 Like

That is how most 141 schools operate.

That might be how 141 schools operate, but it isn’t how airlines operate and ATP is training future airline pilots.

Hello,

My brother and his wife both attended Spartan and the reviews are mixed. The one thing I can say is that it did end up costing them both more money and they both did not end up with what they were promised. My brother ended up finishing his degree with liberty and now has to redo his CFI training (he only ended the program with 350 hrs). Being in close proximity to that plus doing my research, I have concluded that ATP is the better “deal” if you want to call it that. Then again, everyone learns different and has a different approach to school. I know Spartan has Changed their program to fit more in line with what ATP offers but they are still 141 school.

Jordan,

Interesting insights. Thanks for sharing.

Chris