Southwest May 2020 Schedule

Hey all - April credited 96 trips (~ 84 hours) of pay with 21 days off. Definitely much improved on loads this month, seeing quite a few full to the new limited capacity (~67%). It was rare to see less than 40 people per flight by the end of the month and noticed a LOT more people in the airport terminals. Hoping to see this trend continue!

1. MCO-HOU (DH)
  2. HOU-MAF-LAS-PHX-MCO (1st leg DH)
  3. OFF
  4. OFF
  5. OFF
  6. OFF
  7. OFF
  8. OFF
  9. OFF
  10. OFF
  11. OFF
  12. OFF
  13. OFF
  14. MCO-DEN-STL
  15. STL-BWI-ISP-BWI-JAX
  16. JAX-HOU-ATL-GSP
  17. GSP-ATL-MDW-MCO
  18. OFF
  19. OFF
  20. OFF
  21. OFF
  22. OFF
  23. OFF
  24. OFF
  25. MCO-DEN-STL
  26. STL-BWI-ISP-BWI-JAX
  27. JAX-HOU-ATL-GSP
  28. GSP-ATL-MDW-MCO
  29. OFF
  30. OFF
  31. OFF
6 Likes

It’s great to see a rebound, even if it’s small. Have you heard of any plans for Southwest to expand routes? I would think that with some of the legacies plan to reduce their routes, it might be a good time for airlines like LUv and JBLU to pick up market share strategically (without taking on too much additional variable costs).

1 Like

This articles takes a look at some of those possibilities. My focus has more been on what the company is doing to keep people on property. With the offer 2 days ago that they presented us for early retirement/extended leaves, that has been less of a worry. But things are still changing daily and a lot of what happens will depend on demand coming back and what that looks like. No one has a crystal ball but I would imagine SWA takes advantage where they can.

Thanks for your reply and the link. It certainly looks like LUV is in a better position than most others and hope that translates into some security for you and your colleagues.

2 Likes