Researching all of the possibilities of ATP

My name is Justin Simpson. I am 28 years old and I currently hold a PPL with 124 hours total time. I received my PPL when I was 19 years old and was looking at becoming an airline pilot, but like many in this forum I believed that it was very difficult to become an airline pilot due to not being in the military. I flew until I was 22 and sold my Cessna 150. Unfortunately I did not have the finances to purchase another plane or rent a plane to continue my pursuit of an airline career. I did look at attempting to go to college for aviation, but I decided to attempt to make some money in the oilfield, which I have worked in since high school, to attempt to make enough to pay for the training at a later date, which I never followed up on until now. I also am a Police Officer in Texas, where I am currently reserving as a police officer for the small town in which I live. I do not have any college experience, but plan to while I am working at the regionals when I make it there. As of right now I have a applied for the financing option with ATP, but due to some issues I was not approved solely and unfortunately I do not have any qualified co-signers to co-sign for me at this moment. I am working on getting my credit to debit ratio down and also my debt to income ratio down so that I can be awarded the student loan solely. I do plan on attending ATP as soon as I can get approved on the financial side of things. If there are any other financial options besides the options given by ATP, I am all ears. If not like I stated I am currently working on getting my finances in order and will attempt to reapply for the student loans in a couple of months.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Justin Simpson

Justin,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting! Your financial struggle is not unique, in fact financing is usually the biggest issue that holds people back from attending flight school. You are on the right path though, paying down your debt is by far the best thing that you can do. I know it is tough and a lot easier said than done, but pay off as much debt as possible, keep an eye on your credit score, and reapply when things look a bit better for you.

Chris