First off, I would just like to thank Christopher, Yarden, Adam, Chris and everyone else who is involved in this forum. The information and input from you all is incredibly beneficial. Greatly appreciated!
Now to my questions. So I am currently a college student and have recently been researching a career in aviation. I have flown before (in high school) and loved it. But I have a few questions regarding a career in aviation, ATP, and some general things.
- Would you recommend a career as an airline pilot to people (or if it’s any easier, to your own children)? Why or why not?
- What are the major drawbacks and benefits to such a career?
- What is the most rewarding part about your job? Why?
- How frequent do the classes run at ATP? I know there are 40 locations across the U.S. but when you decide you want to attend, what is that process typically like?
- How much prior knowledge should someone have before attending the school?
Thank you all very much,