Recent plane crash

Nick,

Believe me…I know. I have been a firefighter for going on 9 years now and finally all in on getting my license and beginning my career in aviation. Tired of working 1500 hours of overtime a year and still not having financial freedom. Flying has always been my passion and my dream and I’m not looking back. Making the transition, and also noticing your knowledge on the industry as a whole, I would love to fire off some questions and get some insight from you if you have the time. You can e-mail me at obxsurfire3@gmail.com if you do so we don’t get off topic in the forum. Thanks ahead for any time and insight you can provide.

Brett

Nick,

I am just curious, how much 737 flight time have you logged? Are you typed in the airplane? You seem to know a lot about it, so I am curious what your background is.

Chris

1 Like

Hey Brett,

Pretty cool, I’ve never met anyone in this industry who can relate! I will be emailing you here shortly, feel free to ask anything man!

Nick,

While you’ve obviously done you’re reading you were not in the cockpit. Very easy to Monday morning quarterback and blame the dead guys who aren’t here to defend themselves. We’d also all like to believe when/if the time comes we’ll be Sully but sadly that’s not always the case.

Chris asked your qualifications and you have yet to answer. Regardless every pilot I know stays far away from pointing fingers and making statements like the “pilots didn’t do their job”. It’s simply bad form.

Adam

1 Like

Ahh, I apologize. I didn’t realize my time revolved around your curiosity about my background. You look young, I flew the 737 long before you even thought of aviation as a career. You can either blame the manufacturer or you can blame the real suspect, the airline. The one who ultimately made the decision to put the plane back in the air. Regardless. It doesn’t exclude the fact that the pilots made many mistakes, which resulted in the crash. I’m not sure how long you’ve been flying, but typically when an airline crashes, the investigators are blunt about the truth of what caused it. I’m sorry you think I’m blaming dead guys, I’m not happy about it or anything, I’m just simply pointing out mistakes that need to be accounted for. Media has already backed Boeing into a corner and forced them to apologize or face backlash in sales. I’m sorry you take offense to the truth. This accident will be pilot error, and I can assure you that. Anyone that actually read the report would know. But since we’re talking about backgrounds, I’ll assume you attended CNN flight school and graduated at the top of the class.

Also, to you Chris. I was not ignoring you, I was going to reply to you this morning, which is actually what I meant to do when I came on now. But it seems a troll couldn’t reply to me respectfully, or logically. Only after, when he finally thought of the “perfect” response

Nick,

First and foremost thank you for the compliment! I’m actually 56, a Capt at a Major airline and have been in the training dept most of my career. I did my training with ATP (who’s forum you’re currently on) and I’m actually one of the forums mentors (those are my creds which you’re still reluctant to share). While it may be possible you flew a 737 before I thought of aviation as a career, unless you flew one of the first ones in the late 60s, early 70s that simply ain’t so. But, if you did that bird was obviously very different from today’s 73 and you guys hadn’t even heard of CRM so it really negates much of what you said.

So just to recap, the first time you ever post on this forum its on a 3mos old thread so you can bash some pilots who had a bad day then get twisted when one of the mentors point out your faux pas and I’m the troll?

In truth I’ve been feeling kind of old lately but apparently I don’t look it so again thank you! Oh and yes I do think my response was pretty good but perfect? You’re really very kind :slight_smile:

Adam

3 Likes

New York snarkiness doesn’t translate well to written text. Be a mentor, be a CA, but don’t lead with your hubris.

2 Likes

Arthun,

Some folks actually enjoy my NY snarky (and even my hubris), others don’t. If the fine folks at ATP ever find it excessive I’m sure they’ll let me know. Till then I’ll keep doing what I do and you’re free to do as you do as well.

Ain’t America great? :wink:

Adam

1 Like

Nick,

I am still curious what your qualifications are. Are you typed in the 737? How many hours did you fly it? Which models did you fly?

For background, I received my 737 type rating in 2007 and have flown the 300, 500, 700, 800, 900 and 900ER models. I have about 6,000 hours of 737 flight time.

Chris

1 Like

Lol. Thanks for proving my point. So were blaming dead guys huh? Interesting. Last time I checked. Investigations are done for a reason. They need to figure it out. But here’s my point. The fact that you say the pilots had a bad day is cut and clear, pilot error. It’s not “oh shit I had a bad day in the cockpit. I crashed it and killed everyone on board let’s blame Boeing” if the pilot had a bad day. Then he clearly made the mistakes. Not Boeing. That’s all I’m saying. I could care less who runs this or what you are to this page. Lol. Really. It means nothing and you know it. I saw a post so I wanted to Chime in

Chris,
I am typed in the 737, 10,500 hours. I originally came in flying NG 800, and then 900. Took my course for the Max and then it was grounded. Now a days I am getting typed in for the 747

Had zoom in on your photo, never mind. You do look 60. You’re welcome.

1 Like

The bigger issue is that he’s a Yankees fan.

#O’sfan #Baltimore #ripkengirl

:wink:

1 Like

E tu Laura?

Adam

Amo l’Orioles.

blahblahblahstandingsblahblahblah

:smiley:

1 Like

And we were getting along so well…

1 Like

Oh, no worries at all, Adam! I’m perfectly willing to overlook your misguided loyalties. :smiley:

Nothing misguided here, purely survival. I grew up in da Bronx. If you’re not a Yankee fan you get beat up. Easy decision.

Adam

1 Like

I’m just teasing, Adam. I totally get it. :slight_smile:

I had my dad read your posts, asked him if he thinks you are an airline pilot, and he said heck no, this is someone who did a little reading here and there. My dad flew B727s for Braniff, L1011s for Eastern, B747s for 2 European airlines and just recently retired as the most senior Captain at his last airline. He said professional pilots do not talk the way you do and show no respect to fellow pilots.

2 Likes

Man I just love it when the family gets together… :wink: