Question about joining atp

In the required section it says to join atp you need an Associate’s Degree, 60+ college credit hours, or equivalent work experience, or military experience does a private pilots license count as well

Ibraim,

Yes. As long as you also have 78+ hours total time, including 6+ cross country hours. Here’s a screen shot and link to the page.

https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/enrollment.html

Tory

So I would obtain my private pilot license somewhere else and then I could join atp?

Ibraim,

That’s correct. ATP doesn’t offer a stand alone PPL course.

Tory

Ibraim,

If you don’t have any of the other education, work or military required experience, yes you would have to.

Adam

I am currently in high school I live near one atp flight school so that is my most viable option

If you haven’t already, you should read through the FAQ section of this forum. Get a PPL after high school if you must, but if you spend enough time on here you’ll learn that we strongly encourage people to get their 4-year degrees first, especially if their about to finish high school.

Tory

Thank you for answering my questions I might ask other questions later but thank you

Ibraim,

I would encourage you to consider college. First if you aspire to fly for a Major airline you’ll need a degree and should flying not work out for any reason it’s always good to have a Plan B and a degree.

Adam