Pursuing a life in piloting

Hello, my name is John, I’m 18 , and I’m thinking of choosing to being a pilot, I love traveling, I really enjoyed it, my first airline I traveled was korean air , and I loved it , and I was wondering if I was to be a pilot if I could be able to get the opportunity to pilot for korean air ?

John,

You would really need to reach out to Korean Air and ask them what their requirements are. Requirements vary dramatically from one country to another so it is best to go to the source.

Chris

1 Like

John,

As Chris said you’d need to contact Korean Air and check their requirements (I believe they require a 4yr degree in addition to meeting their flight time mins). That said just because you had a pleasant experience as a passenger on a particular airline, that’s not a very good reason to want to work for them. I know 2 former Korean Air pilots and they were not happy working there which is why one is at Hawaiian and the other is at United.

You’re a long way from decided which Major you’d like to fly for and I guarantee by the time you’re ready your decision will be based on more than their inflight entertainment and cordial flight attendants.

Adam

1 Like

Oh alright, I’ll look into it , thank you so much for the reply!

Okay. Yeah I understand what you saying , I’ll definitely be looking into it, also another reason was because I’m really into the culture aspect and everything about it, food, music, etc… thank you so much for taking your time to respond !