Private Written Exam

What did you use to study for the private written exam? Really wanting to ace it and move onto instrument.

Wyatt,

King Schools and Sporty’s Study Buddy. Have you started with Kings yet?

Chris

1 Like

I have not, I actually do have the sportys study buddy iOS app, just wanted something to break up the monotony a little. I will look definitely give King Schools a look!

Hi Wyatt,

I just took the test last week and used the King Schools and the Cessna Flight Training program (very similar) to study. In my opinion, using King Schools would’ve been enough as I only had 1 question on the actual test that wasn’t included on it, and earned a 95%.

Best,

Did you purchase the $279 kit from Kings?

Wyatt,

Once you place your deposit down with ATP, all of the necessary study material will be provided.

Chris

I just took my written a couple of weeks ago, after only having taken the Kings course and taking their practice exams. If you just want a decent pass I g score, that should be enough. I actually wish I had done some other study guides as there were a LOT of questions on the exam that I never saw in any of the practice exams that I took. I passed, but got about 10% less than what I thought I’d get from having taken the practice exams.

My experience was so different. I got a bunch of questions that I never saw on the Kings practice exams.

Looks like everyone has a different experience. Really just depends on the random selection of questions. I used sportys primarily and went over every section aside from the regulations (which was stupid on my behalf as it contains nearly 1/10 of the entire test bank). Then I took some kings school practice tests that had questions I had never seen on sportys. When I got to the actual exam it seemed to resemble the Kings school questions more considering I had never even seen a lot of the questions before. I got a 93% but if I had to do it again I would use kings school as my primary source to study.