Real Answers from Real Pilots

Pilot training/schooling

Hi there I live in Ottawa and I would like to go Ottawa Aviation Services or Algonquin College to get my iATPL. They both seem great. OAS guarantees you a job as an instructor or 5 interviews with different airlines like Georgian Air & Air Jazz-same as Algonquin and they both get you 250 flight hour. My question is should I do one of these schools? Or should I go to Confederation College, Sault College, or Seneca Collegeare-the big three in Ontario.

Danny,

This forum is run mainly for US based pilots and all of the mentors are US pilots. As such, our knowledge of foreign flight schools and regulations is very limited. I would suggest consulting with experts in your country.

Chris

Oh! My bad, sorry about that. Thank you anyways for responding!

Danny,

As Chris said we’re really not that familiar with aviation in Canada. Regardless I’ve never been a fan of aviation degrees through college or university. You’re basically putting all your eggs in 1 basket and in the off chance you change your career goals or aviation doesn’t work out, you’re kind of a 1 trick pony. You can be a pilot with an accounting degree but you can’t be an accountant with an aviation degree and its always good to have a plan B.

Adam

I’ve heard a plan B is a very good idea…I will look into it, thanks again guys!