Pilot soon

Hello , my name is rita , i am 29 years old ,i am from lebanon , i moved to california 6 months ago , ive been flight attendant in middle east airlines for the last 6 years …i always wanted 2 be a pilot back then but this opportunity wasnt available for women . now that m here m planning to pursue this dream n become a commercial pilot … I also have a degree of ba/hr worth 4 years of college , i speak 3 languages : arabic, english and french .

My first question is : is it possible to choose what type of aircraft i want to fly in the future ? Airbus 320 or airbus 330 ?

Second quest : do u think a pilot might have the priority to travel countries where he or she speaks its languages?

Third question : does American airlines fly as A320 or A330 from LAX internationally? how can i know the routes ? Ive been searchin on google didnt find any answer

Thank u in advance .2019-08-17T07:00:00Z

Rita,

To begin with, you will either need to be a US citizen or permanent legal resident to fly as a pilot in the US. If your immigration status is not one of those, it will need to be.

When you are hired by an airline, you will be able to bid the various airplanes that they fly in seniority. By that time though, you will likely be much less concerned with flying a particular airplane and much more so with which one fits your lifestyle better.

No, speaking a language of a destination country has no bearing on whether you will fly there or not as a pilot. English is the official language of aviation and pilots have very little interaction with the passengers, so language ability is not a concern.

On that note though, I would encourage you to work on improving your English spelling, punctuation and grammar. These things matter in the professional world.

Chris

1 Like

Rita,

1. Pilots can bid for whatever airplane they like. The two biggest factors are a) does your airline fly that particular plane and b) your seniority. If you were to start flight training today, the soonest you’d be a Major is probably 8-10yrs from now. By then there’s a good chance the aircraft the airline is flying today might not be still flying. Further as Chris pointed out by that point your priorities will probably have changed.

2. As Chris said that’s a ZERO chance. Unlike many middle eastern airlines everything in the US is based on seniority. There is no regard whatsoever to anything else.

3. They might although a 320 isn’t making it very far internationally from LAX beyond Mexico and Canada. You generally won’t find what planes fly what routes because airlines frequently change them based on the loads and other factors. Again, by the time you’re ready you’ll be much less concerned.

Adam

1 Like

Chris , i have my work permit and soon greencard … M very good in speaking but ur right i need 2 improve my writting .
Thank u for ur reply .

Thank you adam .