Pilot Shortage ADVICE

Hey all,

I’m Justin and I’m new to the forums. I am currently in college right now finishing up my senior year. I am getting my degree in criminal justice. However, that is not the career path I want to pursue.

I am expected to graduate in Mat 2018, from FAU (Boca Raton, FL). I am very excited to start a career path in aviation. But I have a few questions that I haven’t seen answered.

I have seen several news articles explaining about the upcoming pilot shortage due to the FAA 65 year retirement, and I feel as if I may be too late to the party if u start next summer and project a 2 year completion with 1500 hours. Also, if I am lucky enough to get my CFI, does ATP select a location for my teaching or do I get a say in it?

Thanks

Justin,

The shortage is in full swing but if you have read the articles most forecast the shortage to continue for quite a few years. While there are no guarantees I think you’ll be fine.

Upon completion of your training ATP will offer you available locations and hopefully one will work for you. If not you’re welcome to go seek employment elsewhere.

Adam