Real Answers from Real Pilots

Pilot qualifications

I’m finishing engineering course this year and if I will get a better job, I’m planning to take flying lessons in the near future. However, I don’t have a 20/20 vision and not a tall person. What should I do then? Also, I’m a girl. Thank you!

Clarisa,

You do not need to have 20/20 vision, as log as t can be corrected to that with contacts or glasses. I have worn glasses almost my entire pilot career. Height is not an issue as long as you do not intend on flying for the military.

Chris

Thank you, sir Chris. :slight_smile:

By the way, what if some people like me who really do want to be a pilot but have serious financial issue? Are there flight school which doesn’t cost that much? It’s hard to earn money in my country.

Clarisa,

You don’t say what country you’re in? But flying is expensive everywhere. Unfortunately the expense of flight training is one of the biggest obstacles many people face. To answer your question I’m not aware of any inexpensive flight schools but there are schools (like ATP) that are very efficient and get the most for your money.

Adam

Thank you, sir Adam. :slight_smile: