Pilot jobs other than airline/regional?

I am 44 and looking for a career change to be a professional pilot. Not looking for big $$$ but a good wage and ideally not move from NE Ohio for the job. I am looking for a list of other pilot jobs that are not airline/regional that I can research the minimum requirements and potential salary. Cargo seems to be an option and maybe private?? I guess I’m not really sure what other options are around. Ideally I’d like to be a heli pilot but that seems unrealistic due to cost and lack of jobs.
Thanks for your input.

Brett,

The list is long. Particularly if you’re taking corporate flying. That said I’m not sure anyone here would have a list of said jobs that exist in NE Ohio but Google is a wonderful tool. Also take into account the jobs that are here now may or may not be 2+ years from now when you’re ready to start looking.

Adam

Brett,

Northeast Ohio is not exactly known for its pilots jobs. It is a pretty area of the country, but not a hub of aviation. I think that if you are going to spend the time and money to get into aviation, you should think about expanding the area where you are willing to work.

Chris

I was trying to sort through possible aviation centric locations a couple years ago and Cincinnati, Ohio kept coming up. Seemed like companies were moving there. Quite a few support functions if you are also interested in aviation industry non-pilot jobs. May be too far south, but depending on how far you can roam from NE Ohio hope it helps. I asked question similar to yours and had a couple of good responses with ideas. You should be able to find the thread clicking on my name and hitting activity tab.