Other Routes

Earv,

There are many fine local flight schools out there. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I think what matters is what YOU think. I took a quick look at their website and it seems fairly generic (not a bad thing). No ME is definitely a problem and something you will need to address at some point. What does bother me is they quote the prices for training a) using the minimums, which is not the average, but more concerning is b) the price is for training in the C152 and they only have one of those. Things like that are what drive the cost up and slow your progress. If you can only fly say on Weds and there’s another guy who reserved the plane for Weds you’re out of luck. Or do they put you in a C172 which costs more and has a different panel? Chris put together a great list of questions for choosing a flight school. While they don’t all always apply it’s a good guide Questions For Any Prospective Flight School , take a look.

Earv hoping you get approved really is what’s best. I hate sounding like a salesman but the reality is in the end it will save you a fair amount of time and money.

Adam