Real Answers from Real Pilots

Optimistic but worried

(Jordan Coleman) #41

Thank you all for all your information, experience, and advice. When I started this post, I didnt imagine it would end up like this. I started this post to get answers and I did. It started out very shaky and possibly negative. But, it evolved into giving everyone a voice and in need of information.
I want to say thank you to everyone. Especially to you Chris. Your comment opened my eyes and that I should not overreact to comments. Except, understand them and learn from them. Thanks again.

Caleb,

Alaska isn’t a Legacy carrier. Not even close.

Adam

(Caleb Shearer) #43

Adam,

I apologize, it was listed as such under Airline Pilot Central’s website so that was the information I was drawing from. Thanks for the correction.

Caleb

(Tory) #44

Adam,

It’s not?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_carrier

Tory

Alaska might technically be a legacy carrier, but their pay, contracts, benefits and fleet size are certainly not on par with the big three.

Chris

(Tory) #46

Two separate points being made here.

Tory

Yes we are and mine is while by White Castle sells hamburgers, they’re not what immediately comes to mind when you say the word :wink:

Adam

(Aaron Levy) #48

Going to a local school could take longer or it could be the same, possibly even shorter (but thats not likely) I did my private at a local FBO in 11 weeks (including 2 weeks I was on vacation) so around the same as most do at ATP (I think?) but unfortunately I finished that on August 29th, and haven’t started my instrument training yet, if I was at ATP I could be instrument rated already and working on commercial (Can’t go there because I’m not 18 though) and the reason I haven’t started instrument training elsewhere is because I wanted to finish the semester of college first) so I’ll be starting again in 2-3 weeks. If you can ATP is usually the fastest but its possible at a local school if you’re committed