One last question before I dive in

So I would like to get my private and instrument closer to home and thinking about CTI in Millington TN and then drive to Nashville to the ATI school there to finish and get my hours. They seem to push out the hours quicker from what I’ve learned. Is that bad etiquette? Should I finish where I start? Everytime I go to CTI everyone is just sitting around talking. No one is learning or seems to be training. Also all of their planes seem to be on the ground most of the time I drive by. Any thoughts on this?

Kyle,

I’m not familiar with either school but its your money so I wouldn’t be overly concerned with etiquette. I also wouldn’t be too concerned with who “pushes out the hours quicker” vs who offers a higher level of instruction, more successful grads and other factors of greater importance. This is flight training not fast food.

Adam

1 Like

Just to clarify, ATI or ATP?

Tory

That was a typo…ATP

Kyle,

It really wouldn’t make much sense to get your instrument outside of ATP as you will end up going through your instrument training again with ATP. While this is not a bad thing, it will certainly raise your training costs.

Chris

What Chris said.

Tory

Thanks guys! I’m going by to see what I need to get started next week! Really appreciate your input and look forward to talking with you in the future

Kyle,

Make sure you call ATP and schedule a tour before you show up. If you don’t, there is a really good chance that everybody could be busy with students or out flying.

Chris