Officially starting ATP

To further clarify, instructing 141 won’t hurt your career either, it just won’t have an affect on it one way or the other.

Multi Engine Instrument Rated Pilot !! I passed my instrument checkride this morning. These last few weeks have definitely been a challenge as new skills are honed and others developed. There is no greater feeling than being in full IMC and flying down an ILS approach to pop out and see the runway right before your eyes. Nothing short of impressive!! Tomorrow I will be completing my crew eval flight and then heading out with a crew partner on cross country flights. This will be a great opportunity to enjoy the privileges that we have worked hard to earn and share the love of aviation with another ATP student and hopefully get to visit some great places along the way.

If you’ve been on the fence about becoming a pilot … make the move… you won’t regret it… hard work and determination will earn you a career that you will love forever! Fly ATP !!

7 Likes

Congrats Reagon!

Glad to hear you’re doing so well and are so excited (although I’m not sure flying an approach in hard IMC down to mins is what I consider “the greatest feeling”? I kinda like flying the whole day and not seeing a cloud but I understand your enthusiasm). X-county phase was by far my favorite part of the program. It’s where I first really felt like a “pilot”. Congrats again, keep up the good work and keep us posted. Above all have fun and keep up the enthusiasm!

Adam

Maybe I should have said… it was a great feeling to see how all the training pays off when your in IMC and the ability to fly in those conditions and find the airport and be lined right up with the runway. I agree the view is much better when there isn’t a cloud in sight ! It’s really funny, you get your private multi and you get to do some nice time builders and enjoy the scenery, and then I’ve spent the last 60 hours under foggles not able to see anything. I’m looking forward to enjoying the view again.

Reagon,

Congratulations! That is fantastic!

The cross countries are by far the best part of the program. Enjoy the flying, no matter where you go. Let us know what cities you end up going to, please.

Chris