New Indianapolis, Indiana Location

Hi there everyone,

I wanted to see if there were any new updates on the Indianapolis location for ATP? I had called the admissions team asked about it a while ago and I know admissions said ATP was working on securing a location at the airport there. I see it is now listed on the ATP website as a location. I assume that means it is fully up and running? I live near Indianapolis and had planned on originally completing my training in Mesa, but this would be an amazing new find for me (savings on new housing, etc…) as I would rather stay closer to home. Thanks again everyone I appreciate the help!

Isaac

Isaac,

The Indianapolis location is brand new, so you probably will not find anybody on this forum that has been there yet.

What I can tell you is that ATP works very hard to standardize all of their locations. The student experience should be very consistent from one location to the next. If the location is convenient for you, then I would go for it and not think twice about it.

Chris

2 Likes

My instructor at LUK is actually helping launch the IND location, and I believe he was saying they should be opening in the next couple weeks? Call and tell them you’re interested in reserving a class date and I bet they’ll be able to give you a definitive launch date for the location. They told me about the Cincinnati location 3 weeks in advance and I was able to reserve my class date and start on the very first day (today 9/14) that they opened.

1 Like

INDY, awesome. Ive been away from the forums for some time and now I see there is an Indy location. I live 5 miles from the KIND airport. Gonna have to give a call and get my Intro Flight done finally.

1 Like

Happy Forum Anniversary!

You’re going to love that intro flight! It’s a start to a new beginning and a wonderful one. Enjoy it!

Brady

1 Like

Darrell,

If you aspire to be a professional pilot that is most definitely the first step.

Let us know how it goes and anything else we can do to help you on your journey.

Adam

I am a student at Indy right now, really enjoying the program. 2 instructors and 5 students as of right now! We have 1 piper archer as of right now as well!

1 Like

Austin,

Thank you for adding your insight. Good to know.

Chris

Ill never pass a First Class Medical due to my PTSD meds. But have always wanted to fly in an ATP aircraft. At the ripe age of 46 as well, I have flown in many countries. 700+ hours in helicopters as a crew chief and 70+ in fixed wing at the controls. I know my future is not as a professional pilot.

This Intro Flight will be more of a Bucket List item. Why ATP, why not some small school just to take a flight? Because ATP is and always has been the best flight training institution. And at one time before my PTSD days it was my goal to fly there.

Why ATP, because I want to fly with the best school at least once and have that documented in my logbook. That’s why.

Ill take an Archer flight, would prefer a Seminole flight, but I will most definitely fly in an Archer and love every minute of it.

Darrell,

I am sorry that you will not be able to get the medical. Enjoy the flight. Have you looked to se if you would qualify as a Sport Pilot? You would not be able to earn a living from flying, but you would still be able to fly.

Chris

1 Like

Won’t Stop me from taking my Intro at least. And won’t stop my long time support of ATP Flight School. Been a fan every since the 90’s when I first learned about it in Flying and Plane & Pilot Magazines.

Darrell,

Have fun up there in the friendly skies :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like