My First Flying Lesson

I done my first flying lesson on my birthday on August 30th, 2015 at EIWF in a Tecnam Sierra P2002JF.

Before getting into the aircraft, I was asked to wear a reflective jacket. After getting into the aircraft, I was amazed by the size of the instruments and flight controls compared to what the size looks like in simulator such as FSX.

When he switched on the aircraft, I thought I’d go deaf but then I put on my headset and it was silent. ATC boomed onto Frequency giving another aircraft taxi instructions. I heard the voice of my instructor asking me if I could hear him.

I got to steer using the rudder pedals during taxi and they were surprisingly stiff. We backtaxied runway 03 at EIWF and took off. When we got up on the air, the instructor gave me full control of the yoke, rudder pedals and throttle. He told me to keep an eye on the artificial horizon and turn coordinator while keeping a gap between the aircraft glareshield and horizon.

I flew around my area and even got an aerial picture of my house. I got to control most of the Approach back into EIWF until we were about 500ft above the runway.

It was an all round amazing experience and I was thrilled. Many more flight lessons later, I now know the controls of the Tecnam Sierra P2002JF inside and out.

1 Like

Keith,

Great story and description. Just curious how far along are you? Have you earned your PPL yet?

Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

I have completed my first solo and first X-country solo and currently have 35hrs in the logbook. 10 more hours needed. Hopefully I’ll have my PPL by the end of the summer.

Keith

1 Like

Great to hear Keith.

Keep up the good work!

Adam

1 Like

Great article Keith it shows how flying can be very satisfying, I will be going to Embyriddle very soon do you recommend the school? or do you have any other alternatives for me to dive in into, Thank you.